Last updated: February 2019
Please read this Policy carefully before using our website. By using our website, you agree to the terms of this Policy and our use, sharing, and disclosure of information as described below or in any revisions to this Policy. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Policy, you may choose not to use the website.
We also may access information from or about you in other situations, such as when you use one of our products or services. This Policy does not apply to these other situations. The terms regarding our collection, use and disclosure of information we access when we provide products and services is covered in the applicable contracts under which we offer those products and services, and in the accompanying Authorized User Terms that relate to your use.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
“Personal information” is any information that identifies you or can be used to contact you. The personal information that we typically collect from you is limited to the information that can be found on a business card—name, address, email address, and telephone number. The types of personal information we may collect can be grouped as follows:
- Contact information – first name, last name, company name, email address, and telephone number.
- Subscription and marketing information – details regarding your subscription to our newsletter, information you may have downloaded from our website, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Inquiry information – inquiries and messages submitted through our website.
- Usage information – details regarding how and when you use or website.
We collect this information when you fill out forms on our website, submit inquiries or messages, download information posted on our website, subscribe for newsletters, or otherwise provide information to us through the website.
Other Information We Collect From You
Like most websites, we use technologies that may automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- IP Address or Device Identifier. When you visit our website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access our website or your mobile device identifier. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our website or the specific areas visited.
- Web beacons. Our website may use web beacons, which are small electronic images embedded in web content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with social media and advertising partners, who may combine it with other information that you have provided to them or that they have collected from your use of their services. Note: we do not control the third parties whose technologies we use on our website and the use of those technologies is governed by the privacy polices of the third parties.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you, including your personal information, to present our website and its content to you; optimize your experience as a user of our website; provide you with information about our company, products and service and respond to inquiries regarding those items; provide customer support or otherwise manage our relationship with you or your company; notify you about changes to our website, products, and services; communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, or mobile device about our products and services; engage in marketing relating to our products and services; perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our website, products or services; and perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Your Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With service providers and contractors that we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide products and services to you or your company, or that assist us in improving our business operations and the products and services we provide;
- With third-party marketing providers in order to assist us with advertising and the creation of advertising content;
- With a buyer or other successor prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to comply with a subpoena or investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. As mentioned above, you can manage your newsletter subscription, opt out of receiving newsletters and marketing communications from us, and correct your identity and contact information by contacting us at email@example.com. In addition, you can opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any such email you receive from us.
You can also choose not to provide us with certain information requested through our website, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website, request information about products or services, and subscribe to our newsletter.
Protection of Your Information
We understand the importance of safeguarding your information and take appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware, however, that no security measures or data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. These websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. While we make efforts to choose the links on our website carefully, we cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Terrapin Technologies is located in the United States and our website is intended for use by individuals and companies in the United States. We do not seek personal information on website users, or individuals who are interested in our services, that reside outside the United States. Accordingly, our collection of personal information and other data through our website and subsequent use and disclosure of that data is subject only to the laws of the United States, as applicable.
Our website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. Should we learn that a child under the age of 13 years has provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
California Residents’ Rights and Do-Not-Track Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at the email address designated below to receive the following information: (1) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (2) the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information.
If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name or examples of the products or services marketed, we may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Terrapin Technologies does not honor “Do Not Track” signals.
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. We will post change here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. We encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact us at:
7850 Metro Parkway, Suite 320
Bloomington, MN 55425
Phone: (612) 244-2300