Terrapin Technologies has an immediate need for a computer professional to help us develop and support cutting edge solutions for our financial services clients. Along with paid time off, we offer good health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401(k) plan with an employer match. Salaries for these positions are commensurate with experience.
We are looking for a positive individual that is fun to work with, that doesn’t mind working hard, has a passion for computers, and can demonstrate the ability to problem solve.
- Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and related services
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Manage hardware lifecycles and make capital purchasing recommendations
- Administration of Windows and Linux systems, business applications, anti-virus protection, email, authentication, and backups
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches, software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
- Virtual host and virtual server maintenance (troubleshooting, spin up new virtual clients, etc)
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Participate in, document, and implement the recommendations of infrastructure and security audits.
- File Transmissions
Required Technical Skills and Knowledge
- College degree, preferably in computer sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of network administration mandatory
- Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of PC workstations, servers, network equipment, peripherals, and other ancillary equipment
- Experience in server virtualization (Hyper-V clustering knowledge useful)
- Experience in network security
- Experience working in a regulated industry responding to legal and customer requirements.
- Must be able to maintain a professional relationship with Clients, business users, technical leads, and other development personnel.
- Strong systems and business design skills
- Hands-on experience implementing and administering network devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights/security within a Windows Server 2012/2016 / Linux environment:
- Firewalls (Juniper)
- HP platforms
- Windows Server 2012/2016 Active Directory
- Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, etc)
- Desktop and laptop installation and problem resolution in a Windows 7 environment
- Previous responsibility for providing customer support
- Demonstrable level of competence including:
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
- A practical level of experience implementing and administering common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, SFTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs. firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems
- Experience working with Managed hosting
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working in a bank/investment services environment
- Oracle 11g/12c
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Application Testing
- Experience with Apache and Glassfish
- Experience with Scripting and Automation
- Knowledge of Jira
- Knowledge of WordPress
Launched in 1992, Terrapin Technologies, Inc. is a solution provider to financial services firms. We provide the following three categories of services: data services, software services, and consulting services. We create and integrate solutions to the complex business problems that face our partners in the financial services industry.
Terrapin Technologies, Inc.
615 1st Ave NE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55413
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
NO THIRD PARTIES