Terrapin Technologies is a family-owned company based in Minneapolis. We solve difficult problems and deliver solutions to the financial services industry, specializing in data, software, and consulting services. Terrapin employees appreciate the work-life balance and excellent benefits. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, and team focused. We are dedicated to making Terrapin a great place to work.
We create and integrate solutions to the complex business problems that face our partners in the financial services industry.
Job Posting Software Developer, Level IV
Position Title: Software Developer, Level IV
Company: Terrapin Technologies, Inc.
Location: Bloomington, MN
Status: Full Time
Terrapin Technologies is seeking a Software Developer, Level IV to help develop and support solutions for our financial services clients.
- Design and develop applications using Java EE platforms and an MVC style framework
- Design and develop Authentication and Authorization services, such as token based authentication, single sign-on, and form-based authentication
- Aggregate, store, and research application logs using ELK Stack
- Develop automations scripts using Jenkins and write Jenkins pipelines using Groovy
- Design and develop ORDS (Oracle Rest Data Services) and associated API’s
- Design and implement Microservices
- Utilize Spring Boot framework, Spring Batch and Spring Cloud to develop applications
- Implement Docker containers
- Design and develop application UI/UX using React, Angular, Redux, React Hooks, and Tailwind CSS
- Design and implement process workflows using Activiti BPMN
- Develop interfaces with existing databases and legacy systems/Support, enhance, and troubleshoot various legacy 4D, XSLT, and perl systems
- Facilitate the conversion of legacy interfaces to newer standards
- Analysis, programming, testing, implementation and documentation of web applications
- Improvement of existing development and testing environments
- Propose, advocate, and implement modern web interfaces with responsive design
- BS or foreign equivalent or higher degree in Computer Science or closely related
- Four years’ relevant experience in the following:
- Experience working in a bank/investment services environment
- Designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience working with relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Developing applications using an MVC style framework
- Experience with Messaging systems
- Three years’ relevant experience in the following:
- Designing and developing Authentication and Authorization services, such as token based authentication, single sign-on, and form-based authentication
- Experience in Log Aggregation using ELK Stack
- Experience in maintaining Jenkins and writing Jenkins pipelines using Groovy
- Experience in using Spring Boot framework, Spring Batch and Spring Cloud
- One-year relevant experience in the following:
- Experience in following front-end technologies – React, Angular, Redux, React Hooks, Tailwind CSS.
- Designing and implementing Microservices.
- Experience in implementing Docker containers
- Experience in using Activiti BPMN in Java
- Experience in using ORDS (Oracle Rest Data Services), and in database migrations using flyway
- All experience can be gained concurrently, before or after the degree earned.
At Terrapin Technologies We Offer
- A fun and collaborative culture at a growing company
- Flexible paid time off policy
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance, and disability insurance
- Convenient office location with access to light rail and Mall of America
Terrapin Technologies, Inc. is a privately held company located in Bloomington, Minnesota. We develop solutions for investment firms in need of scalable and predictable growth. Our passion for getting data in good order, obsession with finding the best solution, and dogged commitment to our client’s success, set us apart from other providers. We are a small company with an atmosphere that is both casual and professional
Qualified candidates email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the latest from Terrapin Technologies’ blog
Insights, advice, and best practices to help investment services firms grow their business.